Welcome to Frenzy!
When we use the term “Personal Information” in this policy, it means any information related to an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
2. What information do we collect from you and why?
- We collect your name, email address, shipping and billing address, payment details, IP address, device data and password when you register for a user account for the Services (“Account”), make changes to your Account, or place an order with a Seller.
- We use this information to provide you with the Services, including supporting and processing orders, authentication, and processing payments. This information is also used to improve the Services.
- We collect data about the Frenzy pages that you visit, how you interact with the Frenzy application and Services, and how and when you access your Account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- We use this information to give you access to and improve the Services
- We collect your name and email address when you engage with us for email support.
- We use this information to service your Account, enhance the Services, and answer any questions you may have.
- If you elect to participate in a sale via the Service that requires you to be located within an identifiable area (a “Geofenced Sale”), we collect your location at the time of such participation from your device.
- We use this information to verify your eligibility to make a purchase from the Geofenced Sale.
- We will also collect and use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
3. When and why do we share Personal Information with third parties?
Each time you purchase a product using the Service, Frenzy will share your Personal Information with the applicable Seller of the product. The Personal Information shared with the Seller will be limited to the Personal Information that the Seller needs to support and process your order. Frenzy is not responsible for a Seller’s use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
Frenzy works with third parties to help provide you with the Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also receive Personal Information from third parties.
- Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice in the Frenzy application or notify you by email.
Jaded Labs Inc., and any affiliates that receive your Personal Information, are responsible for all onward transfers of Personal Information to third parties in accordance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Personal Information collected when you use the Services is transferred to Shopify Data Processing (USA) Inc. in the United States for processing and storage.
Frenzy will always ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 3.
Learn more about third parties https://getfrenzy.co/licenses.
Frenzy, and any of our affiliates that receive your Personal Information, remain responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party for processing or to support our efforts in providing you with the Services. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is processed in accordance with our instructions, and is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by Frenzy.
A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by Frenzy.
4. What do we do with your Personal Information when you terminate your Account?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store and use anonymous or anonymized information, such as your access to and use of the Services, without identifiers, in order to improve the Services.
5. What we don’t do with your Personal Information
6. How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
7. How do we protect information across borders?
We transmit Personal Information to our affiliate, Shopify Data Processing (USA) Inc., in the United States for processing and storage. We may transmit Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction of residence. We remain responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to our affiliates and any third party abroad for processing or to support our efforts in providing our Services to you. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by us. A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by us.
We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and we comply with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information from Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice; choice; accountability for onward transfer; security; data integrity and purpose limitation; access; and recourse, enforcement and liability.
If after exercising the dispute resolution mechanisms described above, you feel your concerns regarding a potential violation of our obligations under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles have not been resolved, you may seek resolution via binding arbitration. For additional information about the binding arbitration process, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
With respect to our certification to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
For more information about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or to access our certification statement, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov. For more information about the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/, our certification statement is registered under Shopify Data Processing (USA) Inc.
8. Control and access to your Personal Information
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, we take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. You can update many types of Personal Information, such as payment and contact details, directly within your Account settings. If you are unable to change your Personal Information within your Account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, the Services and Frenzy app may not function properly.
You can stop all collection of Personal Information by the Services by uninstalling the Frenzy application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, please contact:
Chief Privacy Officer
Last updated: March 24, 2017